Monday 30 March 2015

Black Clouds

The black clouds that have been hanging over the community brought unwelcome news to some that their services were no longer required. The company we work for is cutting its workforce quite heavily due to falling oil prices. It has been an anxious waiting game for the teachers and stressful for most. Their choice removed and harsh decisions made. Engineers and other employees also in our community still apprehensively await their fate. It seems fortune favours us staying here for a while longer. I selfishly feel strangely relieved at having more time to allow things to carry on as they are currently doing. Not having to quickly change paths, to find new jobs and new schools. Romeo did boldly announce that he had seen an art job going in Rwanda. Wasn't our recent hotel escape exciting enough for him I wonder?

We must take comfort in knowing that the map is written and we are all in the right place at the right time. I'm lucky I can write about it. Unfortunately for some it's a great upheaval with not too much time to realign. I feel sad for those good teachers and friends who have to go, not by their own free will, but I trust that new and exciting doors will be opened for them to walk through.
For the present moment, though we stumble together through the sand dunes of despair we do not sink. I quickly rearrange letters and create the positive word praised out of despair. Think of something that makes you happy and joyful in these times.
Yemen and the recent plane crash cause me much grief and sorrow. So I grab the word evil and hold it in my palm. Then I place it carefully on my thumb and flick it into the air as though tossing a coin. When it lands gently back into my other open hand I can clearly see that it has turned itself around and now reads live. And live we must, without fear. Hoping against hope for a better and brighter future.
Listen to Move On Up (1970) by Curtis Mayfield  and My Silver Lining (2014) by First Aid Kit to lift your spirits.

And now for some more Susie trivia.
The dreadful time comes to purchase a new swimsuit. The automatic doors wouldn't magically open for me at M&S, getting an already challenging shopping trip off to a discouraging start. I do eventually break through the barrier and get inside the shop among the swimwear. Surprisingly, I soon settle on a pleasant aquamarine one-piece with built in gastric band. Well, not-so-secret slimming side panels and tummy control feature, now that I've told you all. It will highlight my re-surfacing varicose veins perfectly. Focusing on my two best assets higher up I gleefully realise it will also further enhance my eyes and look great with my wig! My old swimsuit was becoming very thin in parts forcing me to wear a sports bra underneath it to remain respectable. Although come to think of it, if I continue to wear it well and truly out, whilst re-enacting the beach scene From Here to Eternity (1953) on our sandy shores, I could easily get deported. Another possible mission to consider.

After recently learning that Axl Rose is an anagram (work it out) from the witty northern souls Radcliffe and Maconie (BBC Radio 6 Music) I begin to devise my very own anagram pseudonym.
Unnazes Leyho and Ennazus Ohley are OK, but I prefer Zanusen Heylo. If I stick with Susie I could be Issue Heylo but I may have to wait until I get to Heaven for that one.

If any dark clouds hang above your heads, wherever you are, just remember they will eventually blow over. May the winds of change guide you swiftly and gently on to your new adventures or keep you safely in your present ones for now.

With Love xx


1 comment:

  1. A good dose of the best medicine; you are clever! Hx

    ReplyDelete