Monday 28 November 2011

First rain

So the rainy day did come and with it a poem. It also meant that I could begin reading Gig by Simon Armitage (signed copy remember?) I have nearly finished it because it's BRILLIANT of course. He can write no wrong in my book. I did send him a poem earlier this year ( For Simon Armitage - this is not a love poem) after I went to hear him read at Huddersfield University, where I got the book signed. I wonder if he read it?
Prior to watching England v Spain a single tear ran down my cheek as I listened to the National Anthem. Then a minute of silence held for Remembrance Sunday, which I honoured. Despite missing the homeland and in spite of my faith I am not missing the barrage of Christmas hype on TV and in the shops, it doesn't exist here.
But my faith remains, as does my hope and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment