Sunday 25 March 2012

I'm just a cosmic girl

Whilst embarking on yet more dusting in my kitchen I reach up on tiptoes to the top shelf and as I move I hear a slight yet very distinct SNAP! Instantly I know that it is the beautiful purple orchid which I have waited with baited breath to behold. I could cry with desperation and am reminded of the fragile world we live in.  The troubles in Syria, in particular come to mind.

I have treated myself to a lovely handmade ring with a moonstone gem, sourced in Sri Lanka. The gem is set in a chunky silver base and looks see through until it catches the sun when it illuminates moonlike. I discovered that this gem is a symbol of fertility which unnerves me somewhat as I was contemplating having my Mirena removed. Three years to the day of insertion I recently blew up even more in the belly department, as though I was about to self combust, belly button first. I realise now this whole belly issue is partly due to my contraceptive device and no amount of Shape Your Abs, Boot Camp classes at the gym, swimming and regular sit ups plus a healthy diet will do much good. Unless of course, this alien hormonal device is plucked out with special tweezers like the Bread Basket piece in the child's game Operation.
Would this make the buzzer go off and red light come on? Certainly! Would the consequences of removal bring another mini Hoyle into this world? Possibly. You know we had to leave Formby solely because we didn't want Eleanor to develop a scouse accent.

I consulted the stars and to my delight saw the planets Jupiter, Venus and Mars with my naked eye. Awesome. I think common sense tells me to take my moonstone ring off in future when I'm feeling romantic.

Speaking of once a month events we are involved in a sing- a -long session (Scaremongers beware: http://www.thescaremongers.com/) at the Water Sports Club. Nigel with his guitar and folder of songs, me nervously waiting in the wings for my one hit wonders. It's an open mic session and suits us down to the ground. The acoustics in the designated room happen to be fantasic which helps a lot. The audience of ten or so new friends and colleagues appear to enjoy themselves and politely clap as and when appropriate. I'm learning Martha's Harbour by All About Eve for the next "show off" session.

I will sign off for now with some cosmic lyrics, name these tunes/artists if you can.

"look at the stars, look how they shine for you"
"sends me into hyper space when I see her pretty face"
"underneath the stars I'll meet you, underneath the stars I'll greet you"

No comments:

Post a Comment