Monday 19 December 2011

Dear Santa

                                                                                                                                    
Dear Santa,
I think I have been a reasonable citizen this year, but who am I to judge? All I want for Christmas is for the praying man to be a bit quieter at approximately 4.47am every morning. I am a tolerant person and respect the Muslim faith here but now it's winter (between 16 and 25 degrees, depending on the wind) and we have turned the air conditioning units off, I wake with the call to prayer resounding  in my ears and the necessary beauty sleep disrupted. This seems doubly unfair as we are on holiday now and the alarm doesn't go off at 5.30am, so we could in theory have a lie in. If a small voice or the loudspeaker system failing is too much to ask for then maybe some ear plugs will do. Thank you Santa.
I am also quite concerned about how your reindeer are going to land on the roof. Please take extra care as I don't want one of them to crack a hoof or even worse break their leg as they negotiate the fort like walls, with the central turret holding a vertical ladder down to the secret door, where I presume you will enter in and deliver the presents.
Lots of love,
Susie of Arabia (formerly of Shepley)

PS I wish all my family and friends a very peaceful and joyful Christmas time and Olympic measures of health, wealth and happiness for 2012. I love you and still miss you xx

PPS Just as groove is in the heart, Christmas is most definitely found there.

No comments:

Post a Comment